At some point in the future, your computer or computer network will fail. It’s a fact of life. It may be from a hard drive malfunction, user-error data losses, power outages, natural disasters, cyber-attacks and so on. This is why an effective Backup & Disaster Recovery (BDR) solution is essential to virtually every organization today. Every organization needs it, the same as they need liability insurance.
Backup and Data Recovery has come a long way. Long gone are the days of media-vaulted backup and manual recovery methods. Today’s BDR solutions provide secure, fast, monitored, and continuous backup and rapid data restoration through cloud-based architecture.
Here are a few of the key benefits organizations can gain with backup disaster recovery in the cloud:
- Improved data protection: Cloud backup assures that your data is recoverable and protected. With industry-leading encryption and security practices, cloud-based data is highly secure.
- Low Cost of Ownership and better Pricing Options: Zero capital expense and predictable subscription pricing keep total cost of ownership low. The facility and systems maintenance is taken care of by the solution provider.
- Ease of Use: Cloud based Backup Disaster Recovery solutions tend to have easy-to-use web-based management and user interfaces. At most, cloud solutions require a light-weight agent on devices used for data synchronization to the cloud, so you have minimal maintenance.
- Fast implementation: Rapid deployment in a matter of minutes with set-up and configuration wizards.
- Leverage existing IT: Most cloud solutions inter-operate with existing storage devices, applications and operating systems.
- Lower energy consumption: No need for larger server rooms, saving power consumption and energy bills. If you have a Green IT initiative, this is a great way to lower your carbon footprint and energy consumption by leveraging a proven cloud vendor.
- Agility and Scalability: Because it’s cloud-based, increasing or decreasing your storage capacity should be painless. Try to avoid any tiered pricing as you increase data volumes.
- Recover/Restore your files from any location, anytime where you have access to the internet. You will have a 24x7x365 availability solution.
- Offload Risk to the Service Provider: By contractually stipulating provisions for data protection and disaster recovery that are tied to specific indemnities in the event of service failures, a company can further mitigate risk.
GDK provide a Fully Hosted Backup Solution Service that is a reliable, secure, hosted offsite and is built specifically for organizations who want peace of mind with secure, remote offsite storage to protect their business data which will be easy to fully recover in the event of a fire, theft, flood or any on-site failure.
For further information or to arrange a meeting to discuss your requirements, please ring our office or click below to send us your details on the form.