Cyber-criminals are constantly evolving their tactics. They employ several complex techniques to avoid detection as they sneak quietly into computer networks to steal valuable information.
How secure is your network? Explore the four primary strategies cyber-criminals employ to infiltrate your network and learn how to apply best practices and discover what your firewall needs to do to counter the cyber-attacks.
Protect your network every minute of every day. Insist on a firewall that leverages the power of the cloud for real-time countermeasures to the latest malware threats. An effective firewall needs to be continuously updated, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cyber-attack strategy #1
Bombard networks with malware around the clock. Cyber-criminals work 24/7 to exploit your weaknesses especially out of date anti-malware technology.
Ensure that your network is protected against all types of malware. To stay ahead of threats, consider multiple layers of protection against malware that provides continuous and timely updates to safeguard networks around the clock from millions of new malware variants as soon as they are discovered.
Cyber-attack strategy #2
Infect networks with different forms of malware. Cyber-criminals use different types of malware such as Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Spyware and Adware to catch you off guard. Trojans are designed specifically to extract sensitive data from the network.
Choose a firewall that offers superior threat protection and high performance that has been independently tested and certified for network-based malware protection by ICSA Labs.
Cyber-attack strategy #3
Find and compromise the weakest networks. Cyber-criminals often target their victims based on the network weaknesses they discover
Choose a firewall that protects against global threats. To block the latest global threats, invest in a security solution with global reach.
Cyber-attack strategy #4
Morph frequently and attack globally. New threats are popping up every hour on all continents.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Cyber-attacks are on the rise and firewall vulnerabilities are creating tangible business risks for your organization today.
GDK can assist you in a variety of ways to protect your computer systems:
1) Review the role of your Firewall:
- GDK can review your existing configurations and ensure that you have the correct configuration in place to avoid any security exposures.
- GDK will ensure that that your firewall is maximising the performance of your broadband configuration eg: e-fibre from Eir.
- GDK will review the Unified Threat Management software included in your firewall which needs to be kept up to date annually
2) Include GDK’s Web Protection as part of your Security Suite as well:
- Keep your business safe and your end-users protected by securing against websites pushing malware, phishing, proxies, spyware, adware, botnets and spam
- Apply time-based browsing rules and web content filtering policies across a robust range of website categories
- Manage bandwidth usage with alerts when devices exceed thresholds - enabling quick remediation to avoid unwanted costs or a throttled network.
3) Implement GDK’s Email Security and Business Continuity Mail Solution as part of your configuration:
- Provides an additional layer of security for Office 365, blocking threats before they reach a company’s mail, even if, as with Office 365, that email server is cloud-based.
- Mail-Protection provides a unique combination of technologies to secure your customers' networks against email-borne threats, including zero-hour antivirus defence, virtualization-based malware detection technology and traditional signature-based antivirus engines.
- Provides improved Spam Protection engines
- Provides Business Continuity for your email system and secure easy access to archived mail.
If you have any security concerns regarding Internet threats and protecting your business from Cyber Attacks please contact us and we can provide a free consultancy review. Ring us now or click here to Fill in the Contact Form.
We are here to assist you.
You can read more on the Cyber Attacks in this eBook