Microsoft has brought the best of Skype and the best of Lync together to connect millions of people from around the world.
Skype for Business is ideal for scheduling and running online meetings. Attendees can join from their computers, tablets or phones. Skype for Business makes communication easy and makes you more productive.
Not sure how to best use it? Have a look at this video for some ideas.
With Skype for Business, you have a full range of communication and collaboration capabilities at your fingertips.
Based on the familiar Skype experience that more than 300 million people use every month to connect with friends and family, Skype for Business delivers an expanded Lync feature set and enterprise-grade security, compliance and control to IT. It also enables people to search for and connect with anyone in the Skype network—inside or outside their organization. And Skype for Business is built right into Microsoft Office.
New features that will benefit you
This update is good news for current and future users. Everyone loves Skype and everyone is familiar with its easy-to-use interface and functionality. Here are some of the new features that you’ll benefit from:
- You will get the familiar Skype icons, user experience and call monitoring.
- You will get improved content-sharing and telephony. For example, it will only take one click to transfer a call – not three.
- You will be able to instant message, audio call and video call any Skype user anywhere in the world.
- You will benefit from increased call quality. Skype for Business will take on the SILK default codec from Skype, which Microsoft claims will improve audio quality.
- You will experience increased mobility with new mobile apps that Microsoft will release for iOS, Android and Windows that will enable your team to communicate on the go, through the one tool.
To help you plan and implement Skype for Business, call us today.
Gerry Kirby Tel: 01-2166 970 or send me an email