Alternative workplace strategies such as telework and flex-work are transforming the way people and organizations do business. As organizations seek to recruit and empower skilled workers, workshifting provides a more attractive experience in which people can choose the ideal time, place and device for their work. By enabling full productivity beyond the constraints of physical offices and traditional work hours, organizations can reduce real estate, travel and labor costs. Anywhere, any device access to desktops and apps improves business continuity.
To be effective, a workshifting strategy must address two fundamental requirements: people must be able to work in the same way they would in the office, with full access to desktops, apps, files and collaboration; and IT must be able to secure and control business information to maintain protection, privacy and compliance.
Make workshifting a simple, secure and effective part of your strategy
GDK have been using Citrix Technologies to provide secure workshifting strategies of all kinds, from part-time and full-time telework, to office-sharing and hoteling, to comprehensive business continuity. Citrix workshifting solutions, based on virtualization, online collaboration and secure file sharing lets organizations:
- Give employees the flexibility of a mobile workplace to choose the ideal time, place and device for their work
- Protect confidential business information to meet privacy, compliance and risk management standards
- Provide workers uninterrupted access to desktops and apps during business disruptions of any kind
- Reduce office, travel and labour costs through flex-work, telework and alternative workplace strategies
- Attract and retain the best people wherever you find them
Click on the short video below to see how Citrix could be of benefit to your organisation.
Gerry Kirby, Technical Consultancy Director